Sunday, May 16, 2010

More Photos - Versailles: the Palace and the King's Kitchen Garden

PART I - le Portager du Roi


Crazy, funky tree. I love the way it gnarls itself along the wall. I also love using 'gnarl' as a verb.


This is in stark contrast to the previous tree. The gardeners have trained the branches to grow along wires, as if it were a vine.


This photo is unedited. It went straight from my camera (taken on intelligent-auto mode, no fancy settings) onto my computer and up onto this blog. Who needs PhotoShop when you have a cool piece of glass to use as a filter?


Less is more.


This class has traveled thousands of miles and pledged to invest two months of our lives in this work. We are here to study in Paris, the City of Lights; to visit culturally and historically significant architectural monuments; to investigate important current architectural phenomena. And we're all, apparently, fascinated by chickens and geese.


Really. Chickens.


Oh, and we just can't stay away from McDonald's

PART II - Château du Versailles

No captions here. I'll let the photos speak for themselves.













No comments:

Post a Comment