Friday, May 7, 2010

Paris - Prologue

Time for a switch! Up until now this blog has been dedicated to all things Digital Project (and most things ARCH562 - Studio). But that term has come to and end, and now it's time for:

Spring Term in Paris

The journey so far: had a brief layover at O'Hare. Flying in over Chicago made me miss the city. I thought I would begin my blog posting in the airport, given all the advertisements for wifi. But it turned out I had to pay $9.95 for the privilege of using said wifi, so the blog had to wait.


I had grand ideas of getting an aerial photo of Paris as we landed on Thursday morning. This idea, too, was not to be. As the airport is to the north of the city, and as I was on the north side of the plane as we descended, there was no good view available. So, instead, I give you a shot of the Parisian countryside. It's got nothin' on Alex McClean's aerial photography, I know, but it's the best I could do from seat 33A in a Boeing 767...


After arriving and settling in, I grabbed the camera and wandered around the neighborhood. I happened upon this display down by the Hotel de Ville. I wonder if I should forward it on to my Green Construction professor from last term...


That's all for now. It's almost time for the first official class meeting, so I need to hustle up to the place de Republique. Au revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment